OS Grid ref:- SH673189
The small, pleasant vilage of Bontddu is located to the east of Barmouth, on the Mawddach Estuary.
Set on the hills whiuch edge the estuary, which became the centre for the nineteenth century goldrush, the village experienced a brief boom at the time. Gold was discovered there in 1834 and prospectors flooded into the area. By the 1920's the industry had all but disappeared. Clogau St. Davids goldmine at Bontddu supplied the gold for many royal weddings.
The village offers a wide range of accommodation and a village pub and restaurant. The region offers superb scenery and a wealth of opportunities for walking, cycling, riding, climbing, bird-watching, fishing and sailing.