OS Grid Ref:- SN 5799
Lying on Cardigan Bay and about a mile from the lovely River Dyssini, the town of Tywyn is a popular seaside resort with an excellent four mile sand and shingle beach.
The church of St. Cadfan dates from Norman times and houses the St. Cadfan Stone which bears the oldest inscription in the Welsh language, the stone dates from around 650, a time when most inscriptions were in Latin.
Tywyn is the terminus for the Tal-y-Llyn Railway, which was opened in 1865 to serve the slate quarries, saved by the efforts of volunteers and now operates mainly for the tourists. The railway commences at the Tywyn Wharf station, where there is a museum with exhibits.Tal-y-Llyn